Skip to main content
Designed by Team Pink Package
"PRACTICING GRATITUDE CAN GIVE YOU MORE ENERGY, DECREASE STRESS AND MAKE YOU MORE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT WHAT IS TO COME."
Dr. Randy Kamen, Psychologist. Educator. Author 

@TEAMPINKPACKAGE we think everyone could use a little of this! Whether at a crossroads at home, health, work or school it is important to remember the power of positivity. Surround yourself by others who allow you to think positively and be optimistic. You have enough going on without a debbie downer at your side!

We recently read an article on how the act of practicing gratitude can shift your thinking and literally affect your health for the better. No, I get it, it's not going to cure your cancer, find that perfect guy, or get you a new job, but it will help you stay positive through these challenges to get you through the journey.  

Recording these positive experiences boosts levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness and energy, especially when compared to those who recorded or focused on negative events.
Research shows that recording experiences for which one is grateful for for only two consecutive weeks has lasting positive effects sustained for UP TO SIX MONTHS!
-Huffpost on The Transformative Power of Gratitude*

This is why @TEAMPINKPACKAGE always includes a notepad or journal to keep in your pocket or bed side. Whip it out during the day or right before bed and write down THREE THINGS that you are GRATEFUL for. They can be as simple as "got myself out of bed", "made it through the day", "kept my food down" "got to snuggle with my littles". Sometimes it's the smallest victories that matter the most.

As I walked through my own cancer journey I took time each night to read a Portal of Prayer (thanks Mom!) and say out loud three things I was grateful for. It usually went something like, "...Thank you God for getting me through this day, one day closer to the end of treatment and the light at the tunnel."  Or... "Thank you for the [neighbor, colleague, friend] who brought my sweet family dinner tonight, I am grateful to know that my family is being taken care of while I rest." 

There were no doubt difficult days going through treatment and days when I certainly felt helpless and broken, but on most days I had such clarity and appreciation for the kindnesses I witnessed that I chose to focus on the positives and I truly believe that that (along with my faith) got me through this last year. So...pick up your journals and experience this transformation for yourself!

Want to take the two week gratitude challenge... head to @TeamPinkPackage to pick up a journal and don't forget to let us know how it's going!! Link in bio.


*Site Article:https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-transformative-power-_2_b_6982152

#cancersurvivor #teampinkpackage #supporther #younghotcancerclub #lossofalovedone #selfcare #selflove #susangkomen #breastcancerawareness #therackisback #momlife #bosslady #loveyourlife #cancersucks #inspiration #findjoy #3rdhourtoday #bobbiethomas #chemolife #warrior #journalobsessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not as Planned: Adventures at Mayo

To preface: I was never a big social media poster before, during or even after cancer treatment. AND I am in no way announcing a recurrence so let’s take a collective breath and read on… What I am sharing is that breast cancer doesn’t end when you’ve completed treatment. You don’t “move on” from that experience. You try not to worry about every pain and symptom. And you might even do a pretty good job of this. But then something happens, that gut instinct kicks in and you know it’s not just nothing. With it being the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month today I felt it was appropriate to share how important it is to pay attention to your body. I paid attention to my body. I continue to pay attention to my body. I saw visual changes in my chest this past month and a new pain that had me laid up in bed. After visiting with my brilliant oncology team at Mayo they ordered a cocktail of tests and scans to check it out. (Sidebar- it never settles well when you’re oncologist uses the word “

By Survivors for Thrivers

  Three years ago, I joined the club that no one really wants to be in. However, what I have come to realize is that this “club” is full of the most amazing women who have inspired, offered support, raised awareness and are of the kindest, funniest humans you will meet. I consider them to be among the greatest gifts that I have received while on this continuing journey. It is my absolute delight that you will get to “meet” four of these remarkable women throughout the month of October. They have given their time and assistance to help create a truly impactful campaign for this month of Breast Cancer Awareness. A campaign we are calling “By Survivors for Thrivers”. I got the very difficult job [ 😉 ] of connecting 1-1 with Tina, Emily, Jacque and Nancy as they shared their breast cancer journey. We quickly realized that though there are certain similarities, each experience is unique from the time leading up to a breast cancer diagnosis, during treatment and beyond. The constant was